May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...and some shopping deals just for us!

To all you amazing moms, Happy Mother's Day!

I spend a LOT of time with my boys, I know they love me...so no crazy celebration is necessary to reconfirm that today. However, I'm not going to let one of the two days I can truly call my own (the other being my birthday), where I dictate the events of the day, pass by without taking slight advantage of it. Hmm, sounds a little harsh, let's say 'plan the events of the day' instead. From my husband, there are a few things I ask: please provide the food, as I will not be cooking; please clean up, as I will not be cleaning; and please try to attend to the boys as much as possible, as I will be ignoring their requests. As to the last item, maybe not ignoring, but if they come in search of my negotiation skills, passing by my husband who happens to be in the same room where the complaint occurred, I will defer to said husband. That gives me a lot of satisfaction - for one day, I deserve it.

Lunch with a girlfriend, time with the boys and maybe a bit of work in the garden is my easy, relaxing day! Enjoy yours...and if you happen to be doing a little shopping, check out these deals just for us moms (but act fast, most expire by 11:59 tonight!)

GAP - 30% off New Women's Styles, use GAPMOM at checkout. If you're shopping in store, you'll get 20%, 30% or 40% off - visit store for details.

Old Navy - 15% off $50, 20% off $75, use ONSAVEBIG at checkout.

Banana Republic - 30% off, use BRSAVE30 at checkout (expires Monday at noon.)

Kohl's - Mom's Day Mega Sale plus 15% off, use SAVE15MAY at checkout. If you're shopping in store, click here for a printable coupon.

Itzy Ritzy - 20% off  everything, use MOM2011.

More dining deals, click here.  (Thanks, Deal Seeking Mom!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment