July 20, 2011

DeVita, A Natural Skin Care Product Line

If I could be in love with a beauty product, DeVita Natural Skin Care Systems would be my newest infatuation! I thought I finally figured out my skin care regimen and found products that worked well with my sensitive skin. They controlled redness, were not overly drying and didn't make me feel like an oil slick and, most importantly, didn't make me break out. I kind of new they weren't free of the chemicals I was trying to avoid, but overlooked that fact because they really worked for me and I didn't feel like going through the long process (years) of trying to find new products that harmonized with my skin.

Just recently, though, I sat myself down and read the labels and discovered what I already knew - they were loaded with chemicals, parabens, artificial fragrances, etc. I no longer wanted to put my in-depth search off, so I did some investigating and started looking into natural skin care lines. Using one of my favorite websites as a reference (www.ewg.org), I began by limiting my choices to products that were given EWG's rating of 0-2 (low hazard, vs. ratings of 3-10 which represent a moderate to high health hazard.) I again narrowed my choices by availability (how easy it is to buy from a reputable seller), price (some were outrageously expensive - a long time ago I told myself I would no longer spend a fortune on my beauty products) and shipping (factored this into price.) Next came reviews. I tend to read the reviews of products before I buy them much more than the average person. I can't help myself. So I read up on a bunch of the contenders and decided to first try one, and only one, without going too crazy (like I am with sunscreen, which will be written up separately)...and went with DeVita!

I couldn't decide which of the products in their line I wanted to try. I discovered on vitacost.com they have a sampler package of their anti-aging line for only $13.54. Decision made. It comes with 7 sample size containers, including the Moroccan Rose Facial Toner, Gentle Aloe Facial Scrub, Daily Solar Protective Moisturizer 30, Evening Nutritional Moisturizer, Italian Tomato Leaf Mud Masque, Optimal Rejuvenation and Aloe Vera Moisture Cleanser. And now I've been using them for a month and haven't looked back. It's amazing - this never happens on the first try. My skin looks and feels healthy, is evenly moisturized, is protected during the day with the SPF 30 moisturizer and there's not been a blemish on my face. I've already ordered more of the two moisturizers, cleanser and mud masque. I don't use toner often, but when I do, it's fantastic and the sample will last me a while. Facial scrub in general is only a once a week thing for me, so, again, the sample is going to last a few months. I'm just realizing I haven't tried the rejuvenation product...and I'm not sure why. I'll have to add that to my regimen. 

In addition to my love of their products, I love what this company is all about. They truly care about what we put on our face and have developed their products using all natural, plant-based (100% vegan) products. They don't test on animals and use all recycled / recyclable packaging. You won't find any toxins on their ingredient list - no parabens, alcohol, SLS. Their website is newly designed and filled with great information. They even dedicate a page not only to what wonderful ingredients they use, but also one that lists what they leave OUT of their products. I urge you to check it out here.

Finally, in terms of cost, they are extremely reasonable. The amount of product you actually need to use is minimal, so I don't expect to have to purchase another bottle of cleanser for at least 2-3 months. I found the best pricing on vitacost.com, although you can also purchase their products directly from their website or amazon.com.

If you decide to give them a try, I'd love to hear about your experience!

1 comments:

Sharon N. said... [Reply]

Tracy, you are so awesome! I am going to have to order a sampler pack!

Post a Comment